Thursday, March 28, 2019

Yee Haw! Meet and Greet, Texas Style!

We've been home several days now, and I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep and get my facial muscles to let go of the silly grin.

Yes, we that good of a time in Texas!


We started off with Tex-Mex and a bunch of Roz's friends from high school. The food was excellent, and the laughs wouldn't stop.
Jean and Roz at El Fenix in Plano, TX.

The next day, was the HomeRun Author Event at
Globe Life Park (Home of the Texas Rangers baseball team)
in Arlington, TX.
The stadium was absolutely beautiful! However, a new one with a retractable roof is under construction right across the street!

Seeing the field made me long for the season to begin!


The book signing was held in the Jack Daniel's club at the stadium.

Jean and Roz with 'ole Jack Daniel himself!

Here we are at our tables.




 When the signing was over, we gathered at Sports & Social, a nearby restaurant.
We were joined by friends, Pat, Sandy, and Sharon.
I think the wait-staff thought we were nuts, but we had a great time just chatting and catching up.


L-R, Pat, Jean, Sandy, Roz, Sharon

As we were leaving, we saw this beautiful rainbow!


The next morning, we met a friend of Jean's, Trisha Faye, at Denny's for breakfast.
L- Trisha, R- Jean


I couldn't resist taking this photo of a photo on the wall. It reminded me of our Road Trip logo with the pink caddy. We were destined to meet there, right? LOL

After breakfast, Jean and I went in search of bluebonnets. For those of you who don't know, they're a weed, but also the Texas state flower. It was a little early for them to be blooming in the Dallas area, but we weren't to be denied. Going on tips we received from several locals, we found them! Aren't they spectacular?




Before we knew it, our time in Dallas was up. I was up before the mockingbirds to catch my flight back to New Jersey.

We're busy planning our next road trip. I hope you can come along!
Roz

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad we were able to see you. Enjoyed you so much and really enjoyed meeting Jean and talking with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the bluebonnets came out just for you two ladies! A week earlier you probably wouldn't have found them. I had such a great time with you both at breakfast. If you're out this way again, let me know. If they do the book signing again, I may even join you there.

    ReplyDelete