Sunday, July 22, 2018

Our first official Writers on the Road stop in Honesdale, PA has come and gone. 

The book signing was part of the larger community event, Steampunk Honesdale, celebrating the area's industrial heritage. I was fortunate to be greeted upon my arrival by this steam engine! I wish we'd had time to take a ride in the vintage rail cars trailing behind the engine, but alas, we were sort of busy at the book signing.



The weather was perfect and people were out enjoying the day. We saw lots of strollers and dogs and even a few people in Steampunk costumes - including one dog in costume! Sorry, we sort of forgot we were supposed to be taking photos, but Jean did take this one of me and some of the other authors.


When we weren't talking to readers we were admiring a tie-dyed wedding gown for sale across the street and dreaming up stories we could tell about the bride who would choose such a dress. To our delight, the artist put the dress on for a bit! I can't imagine myself wearing a tie-dyed gown for my wedding but it would be lovely for someone. You, perhaps?



After the signing, Jean and I strolled around a bit, had some bratwurst served by a guy who spoke a little English and a lot of German, then made out way down the street to the Wayne Hotel Wine Room. Since we both had to drive home, we opted for iced tea and dessert. We fell on our decadent chocolate cake (me) and hot fudge sundae (Jean) like ants at a picnic and before we could even think about taking a picture, they were gone!


We had a great time. Wish you had been there to share the experience.

Catch us at our next stop?





No comments:

Post a Comment